This position requires a strong background in industrial / process engineering techniques and program management with proven abilities to plan, organize, implement, and manage cost and process flow improvement projects ensuring safe, economical, and cost-effective resolution using a variety of IE principles, including quantitative analysis, Value Stream Mapping, Lean, 5S, Kaizen, Visual Manufacturing, Six Sigma etc. Key responsibilities will include capacity planning, standard cost analysis, product quality and cost reduction.
Assures attainment of programs and production schedules while ensuring high quality standards and maintaining a safe working environment.
- Schedule: Monday-Friday from 6am-6p or as needed
- Salary: $80,000 to $120,000
- Reports to: Director of Manufacturing
- Reduces scrap and improves production rates.
- Responsible for cost controls and optimizing processes related, scrap rate, change-over times, etc. to ensure all activities are value added as part of optimized plant operating costs.
- Designs and develops operational systems processes to enable a lean manufacturing system
- Value Stream mapping for product lines and to eliminate process waste.
- Implement and execute 5S programs, Visual Manufacturing, Kaizen events, 5 Why’s, Apply Design for Six Sigma (DFSS), Manufacturing (DFM), Assembly (DFA), and Reliability (DFR) tools.
- Maintains all plant layouts.
- Defines key production measures and implements as metrics and dashboards, defines goals and data capture/analysis for key measures
- Improves direct and indirect cost by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout; develop layout changes as necessary to maximize efficiency and reduce costs
- Performs capacity planning calculating production, labor, and material costs, reviewing production schedules and estimating future requirements as well as generating and maintaining labor standards
- Maintain a positive attitude and display good work ethic by modeling appropriate behaviors.
- Perform other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position and the company
Behavior Traits – Key Performance Factors
- Excellent detail orientation and math skills
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision-making skills
- Must enjoy working in a change management environment with a high degree of flexibility.
- Ability to work in a chaotic environment by bringing order to systems and processes
- Proven ability to effectively lead change through strong interpersonal skills and by developing influential relationships at all levels within the organization; high energy, passion for excellence, and ability to train / teach / coach and motivate others.
- Ability to build energy and enthusiasm around the complete adoption of good manufacturing principles, including but not limited to visual manufacturing, Kaizen, Six Sigma, Lean, process simplification by proactively working with personnel at all levels and in cross-functional teams.
Education / Qualifications / Background Requirements:
- Preferred BS in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience in highly quantitative, databased manufacturing environments.
- Strong math and analytical / problem solving skills. Must have strong Excel skills.
- Exhibits a “can do” / “lead by example” attitude with willingness to learn, take on responsibilities and challenges independently and within a team.
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills combined with ability to interact with and provide guidance to colleagues at all levels.
- Experience working in a fast-paced management and managing multiple shifts and manufacturing personnel
- Other key skills: attention to detail and thoroughness in completing work tasks, results and dead-line orientation, prioritization & goal setting, time management skills.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- Capable of lifting 50+ pounds unassisted
- Able to work / stand for extended periods of time
- Climb stairs, crouch, kneel, bend
Amcor Inc. offers competitive compensation and benefits. All applicants must have permanent legal ability to work in the US. For potential consideration, please apply today with your resume in MS Word or pdf format. EOE.
For more information, visit http://www.amcorplastics.com.